Boat windscreens, water tanks, dashboards, glove box lids ,bait boards, scientific research etc
Custom plastic fabrication is the ideal product if you’re seeking a specific product for various uses. At BCJ Plastics, we can handle all your fabricated plastic needs, from safety guards and all-weather covers to boat windshields and caravan parts.
We have a team of highly-trained technicians who utilise a wide range of machinery and techniques to get the job done, including thermoforming, infrared heating, vacuum forming, drape forming and edge finishing. BCJ will spend the time to discuss your custom fabrication requirements and suggest the best method, material and process to achieve your expected results.
From speedboats to luxury yachts, all vessels endure their fair share of abuse. Boat windscreens are no exception. As well as being exposed to harsh UV rays, boat windscreens also need to stand up against wind, water and salt spray.
This is why manufacturing boat windscreens calls for specialty plastics. The following plastics are tougher and safer than glass and are designed to endure all the wear and tear the high seas can throw at them.
Do you require plastic products for your boats? Get a quote online or call us on (08) 9353 3477.
Cast Acrylic Sheet
250 times stronger than glass, polycarbonate offers excellent UV resistance, as well as durability against high impact force. This makes it ideal for manufacturing boat windscreens, as well as panels used for boat windows and skylights.
It’s often treated with scratch and UV-resistant coatings to enhance longevity and maximise clarity. Polycarbonate can also be tinted, adding to its versatility. While polycarbonate can be pricier than other options, at the end of the day it’s worth investing in the right material for the job, as cutting corners can mean early replacements down the line.
Clear Pressed Polished Coated Vinyl
Highly resistant to scratches, clear pressed polished coated vinyl is a marine-grade window material with excellent durability. It features a clear thermoplastic vinyl base coated with a protective barrier.
It’s then pressed and polished into a flexible, transparent sheet that can be easily rolled away if needed. Not only does clear pressed polished coated vinyl offer fantastic clarity, but it also stands up against exposure to corrosive chemicals, including sunscreen, insect repellent and fuel vapour.
Vinyl and Polyester Composite
Vinyl and polyester composite plastics are coveted for their flexibility to curve and mould along the fluid contours of a boat. As well as being waterproof, vinyl and polyester composite plastics are resistant to mildew, which maximises transparency and minimises maintenance. This is always a big plus for boat owners who want to keep their vessels looking sharp and seaworthy.
Do You Need Custom Plastic Fabrication for Your Boat?
General material used:
- Acrylic (Perspex): Used for many industrial tray types including patterned trays for the production of limestone pavers for pool areas and driveways
- ASA (acrylonitrile styrene acrylate): Similar to ABS but UV Stabilized & mechanically stronger.
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene): Used for many industrial tray types including patterned trays for the production of limestone pavers for pool areas and driveways
- HIPS (high impact polystyrene): Used extensively in vacuum forming applications, for products such as point of sale displays and refrigerator linings.
- PETG (polyethylene terephthalate glycol): The material exhibits excellent clarity, high impact resistance, good transparency and excellent thermoform ability.
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride): Has a myriad of applications in the sign, display, exhibition and building industries due to its extreme versatility and robustness.
- Polyethylene: It is the most widely used plastic in the world, being made into products ranging from clear food wrap and shopping bags to detergent bottles and automobile fuel tanks.
- Polypropylene: Fluted polyprop resembles corrugated cardboard in that it consists of outside walls separated by ribs, and is sometimes called “fluted poly” or “extruded twinwall plastic”.
- Polycarbonate: Lexan, Hyzod, Safeguard Polycarbonate exhibits excellent impact strength – up to 250 times stronger than glass.