Buying Acrylic 101: What to Consider Before PurchasingLightweight, transparent and ultra-tough, acrylic is one of the most widely used plastics in the world. Engineered to replicate the brilliance and clarity of glass, the thermoplastic is made from PMMA (poly methyl methacrylate) and offers outstanding strength and weather resistance. Acrylic is also the plastic of choice for numerous projects at BCJ Plastic Products. We also sell acrylic sheeting in Perth arguably more than any other product. Acrylic’s popularity isn’t just confined to Australia. Acrylic has also earned its place on the global stage. It’s used to manufacture everything from signs, skylights and lenses to heavy-duty submarine windows and fibre optic cables. Want to know how to buy acrylic for your needs? Read on for our comprehensive guide to buying acrylic in Perth. We cover everything you need to know about this tough-as-nails plastic, including colour, density, style and the different brands available.
What Type of Acrylic Sheeting Do You Need?Acrylic sheets in Perth come in a variety of different forms. Each acrylic sheet also has its own unique benefits. At BCJ Plastic Products, we’re always unpacking new acrylic sheeting, including the varieties listed below. Here are some of the most common varieties of acrylic in Perth:
- Clear Acrylic – the most common type of acrylic sheeting, ideal for replacing glass.
- White Acrylic – ideal for UV and weather-sensitive applications, including outdoor signage.
- Coloured Acrylic – eye-catching colours, great for making an impact.
- Mirrored Acrylic – the strength of acrylic with a highly reflective finish almost on par with glass.
- Light Diffusing Acrylic – prevent hot spots and maximise visibility with light diffusing acrylic sheets.
- Solar Tinted Acrylic – designed to reflect harsh UV rays and cut energy costs.
- Non Glare Acrylic – acrylic sheeting designed to reduce glare without impacting clarity.
- Anti-Static Acrylic – a specialised material with anti-static properties.
- Abrasion Resistant Acrylic – protect against scratches, scuffs and other imperfections.
- Impact Modified Acrylic – acrylic sheeting with superior impact resistance.
- Textured Acrylic – used to manufacture patio tables, cabinet doors and other textured surfaces.